Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I need help with a CM PADDAY oil painting from 1897. Can you

Customer Question

I need help with a CM PADDAY oil painting from 1897. Can you tell me if it's authentic and how much it's worth
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
original oil painting comes sold as shown, painted on board and framed. The signature appears to read C.M. Pappay, dated 1897. This is one fine oil painting, a masterwork of detail and fine brushstrokes reminiscent of Rembrandt’s striking seascapes. The frame appears to be antique as well, labeled “Carvers & Gilders / Picture Makers & Restorers / England.”
Expert:  Rarewares replied 10 months ago.

Charles Murray Padday (1868 - 1954) was an artist from England

and is listed with this signature and style, so it is authentic. This painting would have a value

of $1000 to $1500 based on recent sales of his similar paintings.

Try ads on these sites; artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house
near you that deals in fine art and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!