Tritac1911
Tritac1911,
66248244

I recently bought a large lot of vintage prison locks and

Customer Question

I recently bought a large lot of vintage prison locks and keys. I was just able to identify what company made the largest one I own. The lock is marked "Pauly Jail Building Co St Louis". The lock measures 10 inches long, 8 inches wide and has a depth of 1 3/4 inches. I only have the lock, no key, the lock is in good working order and is complete. On the inside of the lock there are a bunch of small #5 markings and one large mark that reads 325 M. I assume that is the model number of the lock. I want to find out how old it is, how rare large locks made by this company are and what value it has? I'm going to sell it on ebay, thank you for your time and help.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello

I wanted to let you know that someone has looked at this question for you. If there is an expert that can answer this for you they will pick this up as soon as they log in. I will opt out so the expert can pick this up if someone can help you.

.
Glenda

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for letting me know that, I truly appreciate it.
Expert:  Tritac1911 replied 11 months ago.

My name is Jon. I will do my best to help. The Pauly Jail Building Co ​is actually still in business yet today. These locks made by Pauly are relatively rare. This one was made right around 1875. The retail value on a lock like this is approximately $350. I hope this information helps. Please remember to rate this answer using the stars.

Thank you,

Jon

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your answer, I have another lock question. Will you please answer that one as well?