Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Glenda, I have this very old looking brooch which is marked

Hello Glenda,I have this very old looking brooch which is marked SCHERL. I have tried to google it but couldn't find anything about this maker. Would you know who or what SCHERL stands for and how old this piece of jewellery might be? It is rather light (feels hollow) and measures approx. 1 1/2" across. I will send the pictures separately as I assume they still don't get through.Kind regardsManuela
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
PS. I have attached the pictures herewith.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your patience.
Best,
Angela
Moderator

Hello Manuela,

I just missed you on this one, I get off around 5pm central time.

.

Is the middle black glass?

I will see if I can find out what this means.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Glenda,There is no hurry at all :-) The black part is either glass or onyx (definitely not plastic)Kind regardsManuela

Hello

Ok, thanks. I am looking through some European jewelry marks.

Good Morning

Hope you are well,

I found that the name on the Brooch is German, and this is from the early part of the 20thC around 1940. I cannot find any information on the Company behind the name as to when they were in business or how long they were in business. I found several pieces with this name on it on a couple of auction data bases. I would list it as Vintage German Brooch, it has a market value of $30.00-35.00, depending where you sell it.

.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.
.
Clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this
.
Thank you for taking time to rate this.
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.