Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Blonde girl art I have this large art. Looks to be maybe

Customer Question

Blonde girl artI have this large art. Looks to be maybe some kind of chalk stcetch. It's signed. Do you know age and value? Anything at all is appreciated. It might not be chalk though.
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
.
I will be glad to help you today.
.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.

Can you tell me what is written on back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing. Just the old paper from the backing of the frame
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The more I look at it. It is paint
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

It looks like a pastel , it is signed can you read it? Also on the back is a pencil writing of some sort it looks like a name low right corner on back

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What you are seeing as far as the signature that's on the front of the painting. Let me see if I can get a better picture of it. Looks like Charles something.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, what about the back

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I realize what you said now!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another pic
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

I cannot make out that name, it does look like Charles but the last name I just cannot make it out. The painting almost looks like the old Northern tissue girls or the old shampoo ads.

It can be valued for being a Pastel Painting and Vintage, I just cannot say who did it. What size is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The painting is 15 by 12. The frame is 24 x 20. Is there someone this could be forwarded to that might specialize in paintings?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

We all use the same data base. Do you mean someone who might know who the child is? We do not have an art expert. One who only does art. Unless the artist signature can be read, and that artist is famous enough to be listed in one of the many data bases we use or the art sites we pay to access, there is no way to know who the subject is. Everyone will only be able to value this as a Vintage Pastel Oil Painting of a young girl by unknown artist.

But, I can opt out if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea. Let's try and see if someone can make it out. If you don't mind
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not concerned with who it is just who painted it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's numbered so it really makes me curious.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can anyone try and help?