Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

Medio fino violin

Customer Question
medio fino violin
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appraisals
8/11/2016
Appraiser: twinb1201, Appraiser & Author replied 1 year ago
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser & Author

Hi Megan,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Can you give me the exact wording on the label in the violin?

Medio Fino model violins were made in Mirecourt, France around the turn of the century by the firm of Jerome Thibouville-Lamy. The phrase "Made in France" indicates that your violin was made after 1921. These are still considered to be good student instruments today

If it is in very good condition with very good tone, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your violin is approximately $1,100. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $440, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Megan.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I get an official appraisal from you? And I would be more than happy to except your answer to give you a positive rating but I can't find an accept button so do I need to go back to a different screen?

Hi again, Megan. You should see a row of stars at the top of your page. Just click the number you want for the rating.

I'm afraid we don't provide official written appraisals here, but you can copy the text, paste it into your email program and print it out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the value of the violin in fair condition with the original bow and case?

The bow and case usually are included in the price of the violin.

Please be more specific about the condition of the violin. Is it complete - does it have the bridge, the chin rest and the tuning pegs? How is the finish? Damaged or intact? I could see some damage in your picture, but can't see the rest of the violin.

twinb1201
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser & Author