Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

7/28/2016
Appraiser: Tim in Appraisals, Fine Art Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Tim in Appraisals
Tim in Appraisals, Fine Art Appraiser

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** is my pleasure to assist you on the appraisal of your CAPODIMONTE vase.

I am researching the current market for you.

apo Di Monte colectibles are porcelean pieces that are highly colored and have a strong relief style. The history of Capo Di Monte porcelain collectibles starts with King Ferdinand IV, son of King Charles, who opened his first Capo Di Monte porcelain factory in Naples Italy in 1771. They used the mark of the blue crown N (BCN) to designate their porcelain figurines. When the factory closed in 1834 it was the Ginori family of Doccia Italy who acquired and continued the tradition of Capo Di Monte collectibles bearing the same mark. This second factory was closed in 1896 when Societa Ceramica Richard of Milan Italy took over manufacturing these fine porcelain figures but used a different mark, the mark shows a crest with wreaths under a blue crown with R. Capodimonte. They still continue to manufacture using this mark to this day. (antique navigator)

At auction it has an estimated value range of $200.00 to $250.00. In a retail venue the range is $400.00 to $500.00.

Thank you for using Just Answer

Cheers Timothy

Tim in Appraisals
Tim in Appraisals
Tim in Appraisals, Fine Art Appraiser