LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

Have hand painted cancel holders. Marks on bottom note: G.TC

Customer Question

Have hand painted cancel holders. Marks on bottom note: G.TC hand painted Italy 58.
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Candle holders sorry
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Can you please post a photo of the candle holders overall. Thank you for the bottom of the holder as I can see the markings now I would like to see the design and how tall are these ? All of this helps in the evaluation. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This help?

Thank you yes it does help and the measurement is roughly 6" tall? I am guessing by the way it fits your hand.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly 4 and a half inches.t he "gold trim is gold leaf

Thank you I am looking this set up now. Yes the gold trim is done with gold leaf or liquid gold and hand painted. Nice pair of candle holders.

I have been several books and online sites I can find out what G.T.C is other then the artist and no full name can be found I have found several pieces with the exact markings and have learned the following. These were done in the early 1950s.The candle set you have is valued at 150.-175.00 for the pair done in 1958 and looks to be in excellent condition. A small bowl done by the artist sold for 45.00 on ebay.com and right now has a few pieces marked the same however with other initials. Thank you and if I can help you further please let me know I am always happy to help.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site.

Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.

If I can be of further help please let me know if I have answered all of your questions please rate the answer as noted above so I may be paid for my work. It does not cost you anything more it is just how I am paid for my work performed.