Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

A map of iwo jima, Dated 12 Nov 1944, I it has a blacked-out

Customer Question
A map of iwo jima JA...
A map of iwo jima
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Dated 12 Nov 1944
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I it has a blacked-out situation map is a labeled secret classified it has a signature of a caption
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appraisals
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the original bag and the Infantry school for beginning Georgia January 1st 1943 changes number 1 2 Field Manual 23- 90 the satchel and Manuel are both stamped A.B. Moehle. Denise appears to be drawn on in blue pencil. Prepared for CINCPAC-CINCPAC 564 engr. top. Bn. USAFICPA NOV 1944
Photography from Navy Sor ties 19 AUG AND SEPT 1944
Horizontal control from a.m.s. L 771 first edition 1943Caution this map has been compiled from aerial photographs without advantage of ground control or reconnaissance therefore aszimuth and scale are not accurately determined they are represented as accurately as possible from available sources of information Corrections and other comments should be forwardedScale 1:10,000
Secret
This classification will be changed to restricted and combat area printed on high what strength paper highly durable and moisture resistant.You would Jima volcano Islands instructions blue purple salmon
The special grid system is superimposed on this map and purple color this system is to be used for OnPoint designations.The arbitrary Target Square system is superimposed on this map and salmon with blue letters as numbers the system is to be used for area designationsThe numbering of the 1000-yard target areas and lettering of the 200-yard target square has no relation to the numbers used in the grid system.Installations as of photos of 15 OCt
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Looks like capt dennis e signed in pencil
7/4/2016
Appraiser: Rarewares, Other replied 1 year ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.