Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

Just purchased a 4-piece rattan living-room set from the

Customer Question
estate of composer David Rose...
Just purchased a 4-piece rattan living-room set from the estate of composer David Rose (was Judy Garland's 1st husband). Trying to get information about the year. Think it might be bar harbor but have never seen anything like this design.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appraisals
5/31/2016
Appraiser: Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Hello

If this is not marked with a makers name there is no way to know who made this. It can be valued for what it is though, if this is what you are looking for. The set appears to be from the 60's. I have seen, and appraised several sets like this.

Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you estimate its value?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There are also two chairs

Hello

Thank you for that information.

.

I do not work for the Just Answer site, I am an independent expert who comes to the site to answer questions for customers. As such the experts are only credited ( $ ) for their time when the customer has rated us, so please do so after reading your answer.
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!
.
The Rattan Patio/Sun Room set, Settee and two Chairs, circa: 1960's has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.
.
It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site
.
.
As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. After being verified we are allowed to come to the site to answer customer's questions
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. Clicking one of the stars or smiley faces is very much appreciated. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.

It was a pleasure working for you,
:) ( smiles )
.
Glenda

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this question. I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

Appraiser: Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 year ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

This set dates to the 1940's -1950's and done in a Ypsilanti Rattan style. With the provenance, or history of past ownership, the set has a value of $3000 - $4000 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora
Nora