Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Vintage drop leaf duncan phyfe style table. Has two legs with

Customer Question

Vintage drop leaf duncan phyfe style table. Has two legs with the metal claws on end. Have one leaf with the table. No scratches. One leg was damaged in moving to storage and for insurance I need an appraisal of value on letterhead to submit with claim. Has been in the family for as long as I remember. Don't know where mother go it and she recently passed away at the age of 95 and I wanted to keep it.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Anything else I can tell the Antiques Appraiser before I connect you two?
Customer: Just that I need the appraisal on letterhead to submit with the claim for damage in moving. The damage is to one of the legs. Part of the wood fly off when they went to sit it upright and went they set it down the leg was bent under. I had them straighten it out so it wouldn't fall over.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
HelloWe cannot do appraisals on Letter Head. The only way the appraisal is done is online here, and you can print this from the Just Answer site. Appraisers are independent contractors that come to the site to answer questions, we are not allowed to share private information. You will need to contact an appraiser locally in order to get a written value on their letter head.Or if your insurance company will allow you to print this off it can be done here.Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but they specifically stated letterhead
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou will have to do that locally then. You can contact an appraiser locally, tell them what you need is an evaluation for insurance purposes. Not a full blown appraisal. Glenda