Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have a piece off art by Birger Sandzain. It's

Customer Question

I have a piece off art by Birger Sandzain. It's called"Willowsby the Smokey River". I'm not sure how they became friends (except the all lived in Wichita) and my grandparents and great grandparents love are. We lost my mom this year and i"m going through 2 !/2 generations of items. I don't think anything is junk. If mom mom bought it it meant something to her. On the lower left he's signed it. On the lower right he has the name of the picture. These are both signed in pencil. Right above that title he signed it again. I would appreciate any information you could give me. Thank you in advance for your assistance. I have a number of items I'm going to need appraised. And I'm not worried about the 9 second think. My name is********@******.***. Thank you again.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a print/lithograph of Willows by the Smokey River by Sven Birger Sandzen(1871-1954). He was a Swedish artist that lived in Kansas and Colorado during his life as an artist. A print has the artist's signature in pencil outside the image and this is how I know it is a print and not an original painting. It was an open edition, otherwise it would have numbers in pencil as well, for example 123/500 meaning 123 of only 500 printed. This print has a value of $100 to $125.00.

We do one item per question. Please do ask for Rarewares in the beginning of a new question to get me again.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.