Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a large collection of Hummel's I would like to sale…

Customer Question
I have a large collection...
I have a large collection of Hummel's I would like to sale for the highest price possible. My Hummel collection consists of figurines, ornaments, plaques, houses with plug in lights, tea set with cream and sugar, and serving bowl with spoon.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appraisals
3/9/2016
Appraiser: Rarewares, Other replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Hummels are experiencing a very soft market these days because the online and antique market for collectibles was flooded with them driving the price way down. I want to tell you that to start so that you are not disappointed when you see that some pieces in your collection might not be worth as much as you think. Of course, the older they are, the more valuable they are. We do one item per question here, so please feel free to add photos of one piece and its marks for evaluation. You can use the Add Files feature to add pictures.

The best way to get the best price for your pieces is to sell them yourself on Ebay, but if you do not have the time or patience for that you can consign the collection to an auction house near you and they will do all of the work. They would give you a check 14 to 45 days after the auction minus their 15 to 25 % commission. The best way to find an auctioneer near you is by Google search or by going to liveauctioneers.com or invaluable.com and do a search there by state to find someone near you that also has online bidding.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Rarewares
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other