Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

My mom has a woods painting I asked you about the last time…

Customer Question
my mom has a *****...
my mom has a ***** *****s painting I asked you about the last time i tried to send a photo but you said you didn't recieve it how about this time?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appraisals
3/7/2016
Appraiser: Tim in Appraisals, Fine Art Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Tim in Appraisals
Tim in Appraisals, Fine Art Appraiser

Good day my name is*****

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you. Is the painting on canvas or some other surface.

It would help if I can see additional images of the painting. One of the whole back plus one of the signature.

What is the size of the painting?

it's not on canvas i know it's just a print but moma think's it is real deal!
probably 4'x2'
i was just trying to prove to moma that it was a print not an original hand painted r.w. thx for help

Thank you

That confirmed my opinion. ***** *****'s work was so popular that it was frequently reproduced as lithographs, framed prints, even place mats.

Have her touch the surface. With the real paintings you can feel the brush strokes and the give of the canvas.