Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a vintage Vogue Ginny strung doll with a very bright

Customer Question

My name is Etta *********. I have a vintage Vogue Ginny strung doll with a very bright rosy face, red hair caracal wig in poodle cut, unused condition.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can not find this exact doll in any images on Ebay, Google, Pinterest, vintage doll collector web site, Vogue Doll web site. Is this a rare item? She has bright blue eyes with attached lashes that open and close.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I added photo of labeled clothes-Vogue Dolls, Inc.*; Medford, Mass., U.S.A.; *Reg. U.S. Pat. Off. My doll was wearing the pink and white with the hat, and the pineapple outfit and shoes were in the box with some hand-made items. Are you baffled, bored or stumped?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been three days from first contact, two days past sending pictures. Where are you?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Are you still wanting a value for this doll and the clothes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Glenda! Yeah, I was hoping to find out where she fits in to the Ginny doll timeline and what value she has to collectors.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean by timeline? What age she is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what year(s) the doll was produced, what name she has, and is the pink outfit the original set of clothes for this doll?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

That information is not available unless you have the original box, there are hundreds of pages and data bases on dolls. It would take months to try to match your doll to all the dolls that are on these sites, and in the books on dolls in order to name her and date her.

I am going to opt out, maybe one of the other experts know who she is and what date she was made and if her clothes are original.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for looking at it for me, have a good weekend.