Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a set of crystal stemware that my mother-in-law

Customer Question
received for her wedding in...
I have a set of crystal stemware that my mother-in-law received for her wedding in 1937. The pattern is a wheat and grape design. I cannot find any other markings on the glasses. Do you have any idea what I am describing?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appraisals
2/18/2016
Appraiser: Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser

Hello

The Glasses are by Fostoria and the pattern is a Flower if the picture I see is your glasses.

If you can tell me what you have I can price them for you.

Glenda

I have 4 goblets, 4 wine glasses old style like champagne and 4 champagne glasses

I think I can see the Wine and Champagne is the other one larger then the wine?

The picture I sent was of the goblet I think and one of the champagne glasses. The other ones are in between sizes and shaped like the champagne glasses. The goblet is 8" tall and the champagne is 4 3/4 inches tall. the glass in between is 6" tall..

Hello

Can you send pictures showing the different glasses in one picture.

I will try to get a better picture to you tomorrow.

Thank you

Hello

Going through my crystal books, I found Colony Crystal out of Romania, it shows the pattern is Napa. I went to Replacements , it actually has this listed twice once as Napa and then the Col1. I assume they made the pattern at two different times or replacements has it listed twice.

The original pattern to this was made by Fostoria, Colony which is actually Lancaster Colony.

The crystal is listed it as having been made in 1984-1986. I contacted their research Lancaster Colony purchased Fostoria in 1982 (others say 1983) and that Lancaster farmed out production to Europe. Prior to 1982(3) Fostoria did not outsource production to Europe.
Production in Romania occurred between 1984 and 1986 under Lancaster ownership.

I did find another site that said several years after the factory closed in 1986, Lancaster contracted with Viking to produce selected pieces of the American pattern and this continued until 1998. They said all ruby American is of this later production.

If your Mother got these in 1937 they were produced by Fostoria.

Being produced by Fostoria they will be much more expensive then being produced in the 80's by Lancaster Colony.

Do you still want these valued? If so are you sending the pictures of each glass?

Glenda

I would like them valued, but I have been unable to take the pictures yet. My husband had surgery and my time has been very limited. I will try to take some today. The glasses were received as a wedding gift in 1937. So that is the date you should use. I will try to get the pics soon.

Hi.

I totally understand that. I just had back surgery today, so I will be down a few days myself. Send them whenever you can. A few days from now will be fine. Tell your husband I hope he gets well soon.

.

Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B.