Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a walnut Zenker & Schulte piano with 2 pedals in

Customer Question
great condition. I...
I have a walnut Zenker & Schulte piano with 2 pedals in great condition. I am looking at selling and have no idea what to ask for it. Also wonder if it is better to sell at auction?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appraisals
2/17/2016
Appraiser: pianoandmusic,
 replied 2 years ago
pianoandmusic

Thanks for your question Carron. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

The information I have so far is that the name is ***** ***** name used on pianos sold in Australia. There may be a makers name on it somewhere or inside on the iron frame together with a serial number which would allow me to fully date your piano. Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained? Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built please? Also if you you could attach any pictures, particularly of the internal mechanics, on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, that would be very helpful.

Appraiser: pianoandmusic,
 replied 2 years ago

Hello again Carron. It looks like you have not viewed my information request - it could be that you did not receive the Email to advise you that the information request is on here waiting for you. So I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. If it is a problem with getting the pictures and putting them on here, I can continue without them if that is easier for you. Thank you. John

Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser