Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a gorgeous American Indian warrior and horse

Customer Question
painting, signature is very hard...
I have a gorgeous American Indian warrior and horse painting, signature is very hard to interpret, but I think is says "Davis" 80.
How do I find out if that's the right signature, and what my paint is worth?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appraisals
2/17/2016
Appraiser: Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

What is the size of the painting and can you please send a very clear, in-focus close-up of the signature along with a view of the backside (do not remove from frame).

~Nora

Hi There,

I have not deciphered this signature for you.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Appraiser: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 2 years ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi, my name is***** am a certified appraiser. I would be happy to help you. Can you please post a photo of the back sidw of this. I am looking for hiw it is framed and how it is secured into the frame. Thank you this will help in my evaluation thank you

Hi, thank you. This was an oil done on bracer bars and dropped into the frame. Very little work to the framing. I am researching this artist now as I have not seen this name before however the painting is done very well. I believe it was to be a young Sitting Bull holding a scalp and with the body over the horse. Thank you. I will post back my findings or opt out if unable to help.