Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a portrait of President FDR. It was painted in 1936…

Customer Question
I have a portrait of...
I have a portrait of President FDR. It was painted in 1936 by Joseph L Krc. It is painted on "Velour" I also have a letter showing ownership of the portrait from the time it was painted until now. It has been in our family and handed down to me. A complete story. There are also letters from Mr. Krc. to Anna Roosevelt from that period. Can I get an approximate value of the portrait?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appraisals
2/6/2016
Appraiser: Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora