Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

Need advice on how much and where I can sell this briefcase/bag.
2/5/2016
Appraiser: Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser

Hello

Are you wanting the current market value for this bag?

CHATEAU DE VERSAILLES PARIS trademark by FRANCO INTERNATIONAL TRADING PARIS April 02, 1990, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for CHATEAU DE VERSAILLES PARIS by Franco .

what I can sell it for now and where, an accurate name for the bag would be great.

Hello u.
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!
.
The CHATEAU DE VERSAILLES PARIS Briefcase/Bag ( correct name ) has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $500.00-675.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!

If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you. It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.

Appraisers are independent of the Just Answer site, we do not work for the site. So the only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give me by clicking on one of the stars or smiley faces you see.

Please take the time to rate me,

Thank you

Glenda

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions. Since it is not rated yet, I wonder if there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

No sorry no problem. I'm just not familiar with the program yet. I will rate you good. Thanks! Also this bag was never used but there are some stains on it on the bottom and edging. Just a little but how much does that devalue it?

It should not effect it very much, can you use some leather cleaner, if so I would try that. But this should not devalue it by very much. You just click one of the top stars.

Glenda

Glenda