Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a Noritake china service, logo is a stylized M,

Customer Question
I have a Noritake china...
I have a Noritake china service for 8, logo is a stylized M, marked 674 Naomi. Can i get an estimate of value? The set dates to the early 1940's.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appraisals
The set includes serving dishes - sugar and creamer, platter, serving bowls.
2/1/2016
Appraiser: Rarewares, Other replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other

You have a set of Noritake of Japan porcelain made in the Naomi pattern. There were three Naomi patterns, so the 674 helps in determining which one you have. The pattern was first introduced in 1933 and was continued into the early 40's until the war. A set of 40 to 60 pieces including serving pieces has a current value of $1100 to $1300.00. This is a retail price that you would get if trying to sell yourself online or privately.

It is important for you to click the stars to rate me after you have read my answer.

Although I didn't really know what to expect from this, I guess I expected more information... such as suggestions on how to sell the collection. But thanks for the information.I do not want to continue the month to month subscription, how do I cancel that?***** *****

You just have to ask because the value could be for insurance, sale or just curiosity. You can sell this set by putting it on consignment with a local auction house. I say local in a general term because they don't tell us where you are. The auction house will sell for you, and you will get a check 14 to 45 days later for the hammer price minus a 20% commission fee.

Please do click the stars for me. The site pays me separately but only if I have a good rating.

I wonder if there was anything else you needed to know pertaining to this set? If not, please do click the stars to rate my service.