Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

DIANA, HERE IS SOME NATIVE AMERICAN JEWELRY I HAVE THAT I…

Customer Question
DIANA,HERE IS SOME NATIVE AMERICAN...
DIANA,HERE IS SOME NATIVE AMERICAN JEWELRY I HAVE THAT I WOULD LIKE INFORMATION ON THE PIECES, THIS ARE VERY VINTAGE OR IM THINKING ANTIQUE DO TO WHERE I GORT THEM AND THE AGE, IM PRETTY SURE THESE ARE AUTHENTIC I JUST NOT SURE WHICH NATAVE AMERICAN TRIBE OR ARTISANS MADE THESE WONDERFUL PIECES, I WOULD LIKE SOME BACKGROUND ON THE PIECES AND A VALUE, I SENT THEM TO A PERSON WHO DEALS WITH THESE ITEMS AND HE WAS VERY QUICK TO OFFER ME MONEY, I TRUST YOU AND I KNOW YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GIVE ME BACKGROUND WHICH THE OTHER PERSON WAS VERY HESITANT TO DO, THANKS
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appraisals
DSC_0001 - Copy - Copy.JPGDSC_000...JPGDSC_0001 (1).JPGDSC_000...JPGDSC_0002 - Copy (2).JPGDSC_000...JPGDSC_0002 (1) - Copy.JPGDSC_000...JPGDSC_0002 (1).JPGDSC_000...JPGDSC_0004 - Copy.JPGDSC_000...JPGDSC_0008 - Copy.JPGDSC_000...JPGDSC_0009 - Copy.JPGDSC_000...JPGDSC_0010 - Copy.JPGDSC_001...JPGDSC_0011.JPGDSC_0011.JPGDSC_0012 - Copy.JPGDSC_001...JPGDSC_0013.JPGDSC_0013.JPGDSC_0014.JPGDSC_0014.JPGDSC_0015.JPGDSC_0015.JPGDSC_0016.JPGDSC_0016.JPGDSC_0017.JPGDSC_0017.JPGDSC_0018.JPGDSC_0018.JPGDSC_0019.JPGDSC_0019.JPGDSC_0020.JPGDSC_0020.JPGDSC_0021.JPGDSC_0021.JPG
1/30/2016
Appraiser: Diana F., Antiques Expert replied 2 years ago
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert

Hi Chris.

I did get all of them. I've been looking through them a bit. Are any of the pieces marked? Just by chance, have you had any tested to see if they're sterling?

,

~Diana

Everything is sterling,
Some marked sterling and some not

Great! Thanks for getting back with me. There aren't any markers marks or artist stamps on any of them are there?

.

The reason I ask, is because without those, identifying just where they come from will be almost impossible. Given the history of turquoise, they are most likely are Zuni or Navajo and I can try to narrow the styles down but for the most part without marks I'm afraid they will generally just fall under Southwestern. I know you were probably hoping for a bit more detail than that.