Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a beautiful cut glass serving platter, extra large in

Customer Question

I have a beautiful cut glass serving platter, extra large in size, no nicks. I would like to know about the design and when it was made (by whom possibly). I would also like to know the value of the piece.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

There is no way to know who made this, or what exactly the design is called. Without knowing who made it and finding a catalog they put out for their crystal then there is no way to know this. From looking at this it appears to be from the early part of the 20thC, around 1920, some call this simply star and daisy but that I am sure is not the official name. This can be valued, there are many cut crystal items in data bases from auctions sales to base values from.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are my next steps?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

The dish can be valued as a Cut Crystal Serving Dish, circa: 1920's we find these a lot in our data bases, and past auctions so valuing it for current market value is not a problem. If you wish?