Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I found a bill of sale from Merrill Chase in Oakbrook #23

Customer Question

Customer: My name is***** found a bill of sale for something from Merrill Chase in Oakbrook for a #23 silk 591-1 by anartist c/f bought in 1974 by my husband. He is now deceased. Can't find anything that relates to this. Would like to know what it is and what it looks like.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: In 1974 i cost $50.93 including tax,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appraisals Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the request here, Marianne.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Marianne,

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I understand that you have only the bill of sale and not the item from Merrill Chase Galleries. Unfortunately, there is not an image bank for all the works sold through this gallery group and I will not be able to provide an image for you of the painting on silk.

~Nora