rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Other
Experience:  Appraisal
73504548

I have a very large reproduction and would like to know

Customer Question

I have a very large reproduction and would like to know what's the value. It was reproduced by color photography directly from the original painting for the Iowa State Teachers Association, printed in Vienna Austria, "Westward," by Edwin Howland Blashfield. It has been in the family for at least 35 years that I can remember, but maybe longer.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you tell me if the print is framed and if the print is hand signed and numbered?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is framed with a paper at the bottom in the back that says
Westward Reproduced by color photography directly from the original painting for the Iowa State Teachers Association. But I don't see any numbers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was in the collection of Nadine and Roy Krajeck from North Dakota
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply,

Edwin Howland Blashfield
[American Painter, 1848-1936]

OK, then it's an unnumbered printed, not a limited edition print.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 200-350$.

If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.

Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.

You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if it was numbered?
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Numbered means that it's a limited edition print, typically hand signed by the author, and hence it is value is higher compared to an unnumbered print.

Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Please, remember that I will only be paid if you rate my answer using the smiley faces showed bellow. Please, could you rate my answer so justAnswer will pay me for my time?

Thanks