Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a Joan Miro original signed color lithograph Sils

Customer Question

Hi I have a Joan Miro original signed color lithograph for Robert Sils gallery purchased in 1975. After the purchase the gallery desperately tried to get it back stating it was made part of the purchased collection on accident.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.
My name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
Please Note:

I do not do phone calls~

I will not request a phone call !

If you get that in an email do not click that, it is not from me!

There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct honest appraisal.

I will not ever request a phone call!
.
Please let me know you read this statement.

.

Can you send a picture of this and what size is it?

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can send a picture
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Can you tell me what the title is? It is just a little too blurry for me to read it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Composition. Original signature is also in it
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

What size is this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm guessing 30 x 30 I'm not at home right now I can get exact measurements in about an hour
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

If you would like to do that, that would be great.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
22x12
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars!

.

The Joan Miro original signed color lithograph 22 x 12, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $3***-**-****.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. For insurance purposes ( cost replacement ) the value would be 45-50%higher. These will typically sell higher in an Art Gallery or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
PS:
I would greatly appreciate it if you took a moment to rate my answer to you. You do so by clicking the stars, this is the only way I am paid for my time answering your question. Doing so does not cost you any additional money, I am paid by the Just Answer site, not the customer.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions, as I see it is not rated yet. If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda