Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I THINK MY FRIEND HAS DISCOVERED A GENUINE PICASSO amongst a

Customer Question

I THINK MY FRIEND HAS DISCOVERED A GENUINE PICASSO amongst a her family's collection of art and antiques. How can we authenticate it. It looks to me that it is similar to "Two Dressed Models" 1933. Please advise
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appraiser JM replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

The photo you uploaded is of a kitchen appliance, can you please upload a photo of the painting and a close-up of the signature?

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Can you get me a close-up of the signature?

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this helpful

Thank you.

On a first look, both the image and the signature look good. Please note I cannot officially authenticate this for you, that will require a physical inspection. But I can give you some additional information and some contacts to speak to.

What is your nearest metropolitan area?

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kalispell Mt 59901 is the city I live in but it is very small. I have relatives in Seattle that may be willing to help

OK, I'm reaching out to a colleague at the premier auction house for this type of work. Let me get her preliminary impressions for you. It may take a day or two for her to get back to me.

Jennifer

Unfortunately this appears to be a reproduction print.

Sincerely,

Jennifer