Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/30/2015
Appraiser: ncsunburst, High School or GED replied 2 years ago
ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. This is a sculpture of the masterful classical music composer Ludwig von Beethoven standing in quiet contemplation. The attention to detail is fantastic and the sculpture is extremely lifelike. Set on an attractive marble base bears a signature replica of Andre F Trupheme.

Andre F Trupheme ( 1820 - 1880 ) was a French sculptor.

This sculpture is a recast of an orginal using the cire perdue process.

Condition:

In excellent condition, Value $1250.00 to $1400.00 in US dollars

Dimensions in cm:

Height 71 x Width 25 x Depth 22 & Weight 20.5 kg

Dimensions in inches:

Height 2 feet, 4 inches x Width 10 inches x Depth 9 inches & Weight 45.2 lbs

Lost Wax Method
sometimes called by the French name of cire perdue or the Latin, cera perduta is the process by which a bronze or brass is cast from an artists sculpture.

In industrial uses, the modern process is called investment casting. An ancient practice, the process today varies from foundry to foundry, but the steps which are usually used in casting small bronze sculptures in a modern bronze foundry are generally quite standardised.

.

I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Hello.
Thank you for ur reply. Actuallu how to recognize that it is a replica. From its weight ot anythibg else.
Best Regards.

Hi, Your welcome I have seen a number of these over the years. Yes by the weight plus the way it was made. Thanks Mike

.

Hello.
Thank you.
I just want to know if the sculpturer of bronze statue makes more than one original statue or only one. Or ot differes from one sculpturer to another.
I mean if this statue is original not copy. Can another original one can be found or the sculpturer makes only one statue for each personality.Thanks again.
Gilbert

Hi Gilbert, There was only one original made in the mid 1800's of this statue the recasts were made after the artist Andre F Trupheme past away. I have seen at least 5 of these recast statues in the past years and they can be purchased today when they come up for sale. Thanks Mike

.

Aha ok great. And is the original one put in a museum or nobody knows its place.
My question is as a general. Are all original bronze statues Unique or there are some made many original ssame statues.Thank you very much again.
Gilbert

Hi Gilbert, I believe the original is in Paris, France. All original bronze statues are unique that were made by listed artists or famous that would be famous enough to do re casts. Thanks Mike

.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your statue? Thanks Mike

.

.

.

.

ncsunburst
ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED