Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a cuckoo clock that was my great grandma and we

Customer Question

I have a cuckoo clock that was my great grandma and we don't know what kind it is or the value ..we took the whistles out of back and had to order new but there no markings anywhere
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is a German Black Forest Cuckoo Clock circa: early 20thC. Are you wanting the current market value?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Someone told me it looked like it was from.1870
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

It could be from 1870, not sure how they would know without any markings, this style clock was made from the mid 1800 to early 1900's ( early 20thC ) but it could be late 1800's since I cannot see it in person going by pictures it looked more like early 1900's.

.

The Antique Cuckoo Clock, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $700.00-850.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

PS:
I would greatly appreciate it if you took a moment to rate my answer to you. You do so by clicking the stars, this is the only way I am paid for my time answering your question. Doing so does not cost you any additional money, I am paid by the Just Answer site, not the customer.