Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs. Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum
19572128

Also have Sexauer lithographs "Enchanted Iles"

Customer Question

Also have Donald Sexauer lithographs "Enchanted Iles" -what are they worth?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

What size are the lithographs and how many are there?

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 that are 14 x 22 inches,
4 that are 8 x 11,
1 that is 6 x 8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Few more images attached
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the sizes. I could not find the book but I can research the lithographs now.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I should be back in 20 minutes.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Donald Sexauer (1934-2003)

"Sexauer studied at Edinboro State College and Kent State. He has earned many commissions and his work has been widely exhibited. His work can be found in the New York Public Library, the Boston Public Library, Smith College and the Butler Institute. Sexauer is currently serving as Dean and Chair of Printmaking at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina."

When assessing an artist's work, appraisers must look at sales of works by the same artist. Art gallery sales prices are private.
We must then go to auction sales prices which are public. When using comparable work by the same artist, medium, subject matter and size are factors to be considered.
Appraisers most often use price per square inch of previously sold comparable works by the same artist as a measure of value.

Using this standard method, I was able to determine the following retail art gallery values for your Donald Sexnauer "Enchanted Isles" lithographs:

14x22" - $660 each

8x11" - $200 each

6x6" - $80.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you , another painting - " Rainy Night in Georgia " by William Hinnant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much is that worth?
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry but it is against site policy to stack questions. Once I have answered the original question, I cannot answer a new question in the same thread.

You will need to go back to the log in and submit your new question as separate question.

If you wish me to answer the new question, then type my name at the first of the question.

Again, I am sorry but it is just against the site rules.

Please do not forget my need for a positive rating on the question I answered for you here. It is the only way I am compensated by Just Answer for my work. It costs you nothing extra.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. Wasn't aware of all regulations.
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for understanding.

Please do not forget my need for a positive rating to get paid for all the work I did on this question. Again, this costs you nothing extra.

Kind regards,

Doris