Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a Mayer painting that I bought in Northern California

Customer Question

I have a Ruth Mayer painting that I bought in Northern California circa 1993-1994. I bought it because it was an awesome painting. It's still hanging on my wall in here in TN. I emailed a picture of it to Ruth Mayer's contact address and some guy replied and told me that it wasn't one of Ruth Mayer's paintings, but a watercolor by an artist with the same last name. Not true. It is her classic signature and style. I would like to know the story behind this OIL painting.
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a picture of this painting if that will help. I have to tell you that I am VERY skeptical of the assistance that might be provided. I followed this through because of prompts that I received when I went to a website. So, you are telling me that if I am not satisfied with your answer that I don't pay anything?
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

We professionals that answer questions are not employees of Just Answer. Our credentials are verified by the site but we have no control or knowledge of the site financial arrangements with its customers. We are considered "site users" like you.

I have researched your question and would like to help you.

However, if you wish to ask the site customer support about charges, you can phone the support services at

US/Canada 1.***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

International
Australia 1800-679-634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0***-***-****
The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Let me know.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am TOTALLY confused! Doris, if you think that you can help me, please email me at***@******.***. I will be okay with paying a fee if I can get some helpful information. That is what the "guarantee" said. I also don't want to waste your time. If there is a way that I can talk to you directly, please email me at***@******.***.
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

I cannot email you directly. It is against site policy. I live in Nashville TN with a minor in art history from Vanderbilt. I tell you this because I see you live in TN.

I do not do assessments over the phone. I cannot do the proper research and talk on the phone at the same time. Besides "Live Conversations" subject you to further charges from the site.

Please call customer support to ask about charges,

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel this order and refund my credit card.
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Please understand that I do not have any control over the finances of the site.

However, there is a way I can request a refund for you that should work.

If if does not, please contact customer support at***@******.***.

Or the customer support site at

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

I am sorry we were not able to help you.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome.

Kind regards,

Doris