LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a picture of a Mother and child painted in the Agazzi

Customer Question

I have a picture of a Mother and child painted in the Agazzi technique. It is at least 44 years old and in excellent condition. What is it's approximate value?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you.

Count Angelo Agazzi, born May 4 1936,in Venice Italy is the son of the world renowed architect Pio Agazzi and the grandson of Auguisto Agazzi,curator of St Marks Basillca Museum. The count after studying art through out Europe for several years made the amazing discovery of how the 13th Century Masters Painted mosaics on Venetian glass from the alent of these pre Renaissance artist. Angelo developed the Agazzi technique. the fascinating applique of reverse painting on Venetian crystal with specially selected hand enamels from Italy.

The Mother and child was one of the pieces mass reproduced when Mr Angelo Agazzi (he gave up the count when he became a US citizen in 1967) was giving them away promoting encyclopedia sales during the early 1970s. The others were Lion and Face, owl, couple kissing, and a flower arrangement.

The value on the secondary market today for Mother and Child is $325-375.00

If I may be of further help please let me know as I am happy to help always.