LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have two statues I would like to know what they are worth.

Customer Question

I have two statues I would like to know what they are worth. I have pictures. They are solid Ivory
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would happy to help you. I have a question. With these statues are they attached to the bases?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just the black bases you can see on the pictures.

Hello and thank you for the reply. These are a composite ivory. They are made with icory dust or fish bone ground and mixed with a resin. These are sold in China towns and curio shops in cities for tourists and people wanting the pair of figurines. The price of each is 250.00 on the secondary market. They do call them a composite ivory figurine. Very nice pair. https://cites.org/eng/resources/pub/E-Ivory-guide.pdf the link prior will tell you the differences. On page 25 is where the ivory substitutes begin and will show you the differences. When you find figures like this and they are attached to the bases they are usually the resin based ivory substitutes. Thank you for coming to just answer. I am happy to help you. If I may be offurther assistance please let me know.

Hello, when you have a chance could you please rate the answer so I may be paid. This is how I am paid form the site and if I may be of further help just let me know. Thank you and have a wonderful evening.