Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Glenda - I have an unusual piece of jewelry that I need to

Customer Question

Hi Glenda - This is Parker Hanson. I have an unusual piece of jewelry that I need to identify and determine a valuation for. Thank you.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

So far I can tell you this is a custom made piece. Is it marked anywhere to show who might have created it. I need to know what each coin says! It is blurry on my end and I cannot read them clearly. Also have you tested to see if it is sterling silver?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are three Deutsche Marks from 1841 - 1876 & 1913. I have tested the silver and it is real sterling. The coin markings don't mean anything as they are just coins that are available anywhere.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

The Symbol above the coins appear to be a German Coat of Arms, most likely one of the Royal Family Crests. I will do some research to see if I can find whose Crest this belongs to.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Glenda - I am still waiting for an answer. Thank you. Parker Hanson
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Parker,

Thank you for contacting me, for some reason your question was not showing up on my list of contacts, so I could not find it and was unable to get back to you.

I have not been able to find this piece of jewelry anywhere nor the Crest that is used on this, to find what Royal Family the crest is associated with, if any. It may just be a created crest. The piece is obviously a custom made one of a kind piece. I can place a value on this for what it is and the fact it is sterling silver, custom made one of a kind, if you like. But, I cannot say who made it or when.

Glenda