Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I would like to find out about the artist of this oil

Customer Question

I would like to find out about the artist of this oil painting may be and if it's value can be determined. It was purchased in New Orleans around 1968-1969. I am attached a photo of the front and back.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.

What is the size of the painting and could you please send a very clear, in-focus, close-up image of the signature on the front side of the painting in the lower right corner. At your convenience, no rush. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am interested in getting the picture appraised. It's been almost impossible to get a clean picture of the signature. I'm attaching one that may or may not help. I hope it will work out.I'm going to forget about the getting the records appraised. My instinct is that this is not something to be concerned about at this time.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.

I am unable to decipher the signature here for you on this painting.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora