Chris Miller
Chris Miller, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Master's degree in social work, computer knowledge, strong math and science background
22285537

I have a painting that I would like to know the artist's

Customer Question

I have a painting that I would like to know the artist's name its in the lower right hand corner I can also upload a picture
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 2 years ago.

Yes, please post a very clear picture of the signature as well as a photo of the picture itself so we can see the subject matter. You can use the little paperclip icon at the top of the reply screen to post the photos.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here is the photo
Expert:  Chris Miller replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for the question.

I am fairly certain, judging by signature samples and by the the style, technique, and color scheme of the painting, that the artist is Anton Muller (1853-1897). Muller was a prolific Austrian landscape painter--not a great painter, but a good artist who produced many such pleasing pastoral scenes. His works have sold from several hundred to a few thousand dollars.

Hope this helps.