Wayne, Appraiser
Experience:  Appraiser
67223111

Im trying to get a value on an illinois watch (pocket).my

Customer Question

Im trying to get a value on an illinois watch (pocket).my dad had it when he worked for the railroad in the early 1930's.It has a whiteface and black numbers and a small seconds sweep dial at six o'clock position.Also small red numbers at edge of outer dial face.It has a silver case & chain.It runs good and is in very good shape.Fancy ingraveing on the front of case and the in tire back face.My name is ***** ***** want to talk to me my home phone number is(###) ###-#### ***** for your help.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me the serial number on the movement?

Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe the numbers your looking for are one of these-(7909622) inside back cover or(###) ###-####on the inside movement face.there is also a name(A.Luccolu ).there are numbers & letters below the name,but they are to fine for me to read even with a magnifying glass.I don't know anything about paperclips and I never have sent pictures before,but maybe I can if you help me do it using my I pad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My telephone number is(###) ###-####I will give you a excellent rating if you are successful. Call me if you want as it takes me a long time to type.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to mention the watch has 21 jewels.it is given on the inside movement face.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

According to the serial number this is an A. Lincoln model made in 1909, 16 size and 21 Jewel railroad grade movement.

Your watch would sell for $200-300 at auction and insurance value is $500.

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,