Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

I just sent you a message. I have a Galle glass ceiling

Customer Question
fixture, that I would like...
I just sent you a message. I have a Galle glass ceiling fixture, that I would like appraised.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appraisals
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
you can reach me on(###) ###-####
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/17/2015
Appraiser: Diana F., Antiques Expert replied 2 years ago
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert
Hi and thanks for choosing us.

My name is ***** ***** I'd like to see if I can help.
A phone call probably will not be of any real help, so it's not worth the extra charge that it will cost you.
I can try to help with a value, but I need to some pictures of it. Is it signed? Can you tell me what size it is?
To send pictures:
If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos.
.
Here's another way that works really well:
.
Go to http://www.imgur.com.
Click "Computer".
Double click the image you want to upload.
Click "Start Upload".
When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.
.
If those don't work you can email them.
.
Email the pictures to***@******.***
.
They have to be sent from the same email address that you used to sign up Answer (which is usually the email address you use to Log In). It has to be the same email address or JA won't recognize it and they'll just delete them.
.
Make sure you tell them that you've tried everything and that you're trying to get pictures to me (DianaF) in antiques and give them your screen (customer) name and your real name.
.
That should do it.
.Thanks,
Diana
I will photograph the Galle & e-mail it to you. Thanks for responding. Susan Nash
Hi Susan.
Thanks I appreciate it. It may take until tomorrow morning to get the photos sent to me, but I will be sure to let you know when I do.
~Diana
Hi Susan.
It looks like we had a bit of hangup, but I got your pictures today. That's pretty.
I couldn't tell from the pictures, but it looks like that's not signed, is it?
~Diana
It is not signed
Hmm.. It is a Galle style, but without a signature, unfortunately, there isn't anyway I can say for sure it's a Galle piece. Galle's style has been reproduced and copied so much that if a piece isn't signed, no one can confirm that it's a Galle piece. In some cases, even signed pieces turn out not to be the real thing.
At best, ***** ***** be a Galle style and the value would be lower because of that.
If you want to try and prove whether it's a real Galle piece or not, it will have to be looked at so the glass, quality, details, etc. can be inspected. If you'd rather go that route, I can try to find you an appraiser to take it to.
~Diana
I do not want to work with you anymore. I will look elsewhere. Please delete me from your list. Susan Nash
I did respond & it is listed above this one. To repeat, I do not want to continue with you. Susan Nash
Hi Susan.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I'll be sure to pass your questions to customer service. I do recommend you visit an appraiser that specializes in either fine art or glass so that you fixture can be inspected. Any expert that looks at a picture and tells you that they can authenticate an unsigned piece will no be providing you with a fair and honest opinion.
I wish you the best of the luck.
~Diana
Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.