ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience:  I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years
61108514

I have a very old pocket watch that I got one appraisal on

Customer Question

I have a very old pocket watch that I got one appraisal on and would like to get a second opinion. It is an 18K gold pocket watch almost 100 years old from Tiffany's in new york in very good condition and I was also told that the movement works perfectly and was made by one of the finest makers in the world from Italy at the time. I still have the original box but no paperwork. The box is leather with a velvet interior.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. If you could give me the serial number off the movement and not the case I can give you the history of the watch plus a value you can also post pictures of the front back and one of the movement. Thanks Mike

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Also who did he say that the maker was? Thanks Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the watch in my possession right now it is at the jewelers shop that is doing the first appraisal and their appraiser is out until Thursday. I could go get it? But where would I find the serial number?
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, The serial number is ***** the movement and you will have to take the back cover off to see it plus any other writing this will tell me who made the movement for Tiffany. Also who did he say that the maker was? Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't remember but I do remember that is two names that sounded the same and I believe they were from Italy and he said they were one of the finest around. Something like Pastini and Pastini?
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Once you have me the information I need I can give you a value. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe the maker was Patek Phillipe . I will get the watch but how do I get the back off?
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, The back should unscrew. Patek Philippe is not Italian. Polish watchmaker Antoni Patek started making pocket watches in 1839 in Geneva, along with his fellow Polish partner Francis Czapek. They separated in 1844, and in 1845 Patek joined with the French watchmaker Adrien Philippe, inventor of the key-less winding mechanism. Patek Philippe & Co was founded in 1851. Since I know who was the maker I might not need the serial number but can give you a value without it but I still need a photo of the watch. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I just need to get the watch on Thursday and take a picture. You know I didn't look but the original paperwork may be in the box under the velvet liner? Will I be able to get a hold of you? Thanks , Anthony.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi Anthony, Yes I will be able to answer you on Thursday. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try and figure out how to attach the picture. I can probably pick it up tomorrow actually.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, OK Thanks. Mike

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your Watch? Thanks Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to get it tomorrow so I can get you the serial number. So you can tell me what you think it's worth. Thanks , Anthony.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Ok, Thanks Mike