rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have a painting by Tam Ambrose painted in 1990 it doesn't

Customer Question

I have a painting by Tam Ambrose painted in 1990 it doesn't have a frame it's still on the wooden frame it was painted on it is signed by him & has a dedication to the person it painted for. It's a painting of a females behind with rolled up shorts on which is supposedly his wife's torso, I spoke to her quite a few years ago about it being in my possession but sadly she has passed away & so I think has Tambrose. Was wondering if I could find out how much it would be worth....I can send a photo if required
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you tell me the size and type of painting-oil, watercolor...-?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The painting is oil it's quite large approx 1 mtr square
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

The colourful career of impressionist artist Tam Ambrose began in 1950. Tam began formal training at the age of 12 with noted Western Australian water colourist Leach Barker in his home town of Albany. One of his first collectors, Lady Gardiner, then wife of the Governor was impressed with a painting he had done of an old coat and paid him 5 pounds for the piece and so began his career in the art world.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 1,500AU$-2,500AU$.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's rubbish it was valued at a lot more when painted...thanks but not very good.....shame I paid for information I already knew about Tam.....
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

sorry about the value provided. May I know what was the last appraisal value?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx very much but it was valued at 70,000 when it was painted......there was another painting of his which was sold for a lot more than that so I will look around closer to home for an actual buyer....thx again
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the link of the another painting that was sold for a lot more? Just in case, I can check the information source

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No link for the other painting......these 2 paintings were painted for friends by the painter.....that's how both parties ended up with them......sorry doesn't matter I have a few avenues to go to yet so no harm done thank you for your help....
Regards,
Yvonne innes
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thank you