Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

Glenda - I have several pieces with the following markings

Customer Question
on the back: Calyxware; English...
Glenda - I have several pieces with the following markings on the back: Calyxware; English Ironstone; Adams; Micratex; Chusan; England; Est (?) 1667; Member of the Wedgewood group saucers - 7 8" Plates - 8 10" plates - 8 5 3/4" bowls - 7 cups - 5 16" plates
- 7 12" rectangular platter gravy bowl (broken but I have all pieces) tea pot (broken cleanly in half) with lid 7" lid to a serving dish I think, with damage at top As before, I'd like to know current market value, although I do not know if I wish to part
with these, they are beautiful. Thank you, elizabeth
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appraisals
IMG_1838.JPGIMG_1838.JPGIMG_1837.JPGIMG_1837.JPGIMG_1834.JPGIMG_1834.JPGIMG_1833_1.JPGIMG_183...JPGIMG_1832.JPGIMG_1832.JPGIMG_1831_1.JPGIMG_183...JPGIMG_1830.JPGIMG_1830.JPG
Can the broken items be repaired? Is it worth the cost? If yes, where would I find a qualified individual to do this?
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/30/2015
Appraiser: Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Hello The broken pieces would not be worth it to have them repaired, it is too expensive to do so. Porcelain repair people charge too much for this.. This is made by Adams Pottery, Est 1657 TUNSTALL ENGLAND , printed mark extensively used from 1896 into the 20th century. The name of the type of ware "Imperial Stone Ware" "Calyx Ware" "Titian Ware" etc is added. Pattern Chinese Mongolia" was first registered in 1920. . .The Ironstone has an estimated value on the current market for an average of saucers 7-$10.00-12.00 each, 8" Plates - 8-$14.00-18.00 each, 10" plates - 8 -$35.00-38.50 each, 5 3/4" bowls - 7 -$14.00-16.00 each, cups - 5 -$12.50-13.50 each, 16" plates - 7 -$45.00-50.00 each, 12" rectangular platter -$75.00-80.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. .If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up. .You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.. If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job. . If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question. . Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively..You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .. Thank you so much! Glenda
Glenda B.
Glenda B.