Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

Can you give me some idea of the valuation of Norman Shaw Zodiac

Customer Question
tiles framed?...
Can you give me some idea of the valuation of Norman Shaw Zodiac tiles framed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appraisals
Answered in 4 days by:
8/3/2015
Appraiser: Steven-R, Retired Major, US Army replied 2 years ago
Steven-R
Steven-R, Retired Major, US Army
Hello, and so sorry for the delay--I took last month off, so just now saw your post. As you likely know, Richard Norman Shaw, Royal Academy ( 1831 – 1912) was a British architect who worked from the 1870s to the 1900s and is known for his country houses and for commercial buildings. Tiles bearing his name today retail, depending on demand, from $75 to $125 if pre-1950s era. Reproductions were crafted as early as 1960, and those tend to sell for about $22-30 each. With kind regards,Steve
Steven-R
Steven-R
Steven-R, Retired Major, US Army