Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

I have run across a lovely watercolor print with the name marc

Customer Question
in the left hand corner...
i have run across a lovely watercolor print with the name marc in the left hand corner. The m has three humps instead of the regular two if that is any help. I was told artist name was Markowicz or Marckowitz am not sure of the spelling and that he had died in 1964. France was mentioned also. It is a scene of a country road bordered by tall trees and a stream with a stone bridge and small barn like building and a home. At the end of the road appear to be two figures and upon looking with magnifying glass look like oriental women in kimonos rather like Geisha garb. also in the lower left corner is a symbol like a patent mark. wonder if there is any info on this piece.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appraisals
7/26/2015
Appraiser: Rarewares, Other replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Please add a photo of the painting, the signature, and the back. You can add pictures by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer.
I am embarrassed to say I don/t know how to do that and I only have a laptop. Now what?
I am going to opt out and maybe another expert can give you the answer without seeing pictures. This does not cost you anything extra. I am sorry that I could not help.
Appraiser: Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.