Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

Where might I be able to locate a serial number on a Timothy

Customer Question
Gilbert cocked hat grand piano...
Where might I be able to locate a serial number on a Timothy Gilbert cocked hat grand piano? Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appraisals
7/23/2015
Appraiser: pianoandmusic,
 replied 2 years ago
pianoandmusic
Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. Please do not click the RATE/ACCEPT/FEEDBACK button until you have an answer/valuation. The Timothy Gilbert piano making business was established in 1829. There are records of the serial numbers from 1855 starting with the number 2000 and finishing in 1913 with the first number that year being 46000.To locate the serial number please have a look at this website which should help:- www.pianoatlas.com/serial.htmlPiano manufacturers place serial numbers in a variety of places. Pianos often have numbers other than serial numbers, such as case and part numbers. Please try this site and it should open showing you the places to find the number. Look if there is a number on the soundboard or the plate (the iron frame or 'harp')) as shown with the 'S' symbol on the picture of a grand piano. If you cannot find a number in or near to these places it is possible that it has been lost, perhaps unfortunately, during some earlier restoration work. Please let me know if I can help you any further. Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with an excellent service and I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click 'RATE TO FINISH' or ACCEPT/FEEDBACK, as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the research I do to assist you. There is no additional cost to you as my percentage of the payment for this question is taken from the amount you have agreed for this question only.
Appraiser: pianoandmusic,
 replied 2 years ago
Hello again. I see that you have not yet followed up on my answer to your question so may I ask if you need any further help please?
I would also just like to let you know that unless you complete the question process by giving a rating for my answer I will not be credited for the research I have done and the answer. So if you do not have any further points that need to be answered on this question, I would be very grateful if you could please click on the rating button/box. If for any reason you cannot see the rating button/box please just send a reply to this message on here with the rating you wish to give. Thank you again.
pianoandmusic
pianoandmusic
pianoandmusic