Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

I HAVE A KODAK EKTRA 2 1940'S CAMERA THAT IS WORTH ALOT OF

Customer Question
I HAVE A KODAK EKTRA...
I HAVE A KODAK EKTRA 2 1940`S CAMERA THAT IS WORTH ALOT OF MONEY. WHAT DO YOU VALUE IT AT & WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD MARKET FOR SELLING IT. THANKS DAN
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appraisals
7/8/2015
Appraiser: Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.
If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
.
.
.
.
This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.
http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda
I'm unable to provide you a photo, but I have two of these 1940's Kodak Ektra camera.
Hello
Ok, thank you are yours still in the cases?
My camera is a rare Kodak Extra 11 camera I only have one & yes it is in its original case.
Hello
I am a bit confused I got a message that was from you that stated
" I'm unable to provide you a photo, but I have two of these 1940's Kodak Ektra camera ".
Are you saying you just have one Kodak Extra 11?
yes someone at your company wrote the other message because it confused me
To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.
.
The Kodak Extra 11 with case, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $650.00-750.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online.
There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items.
There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane.
There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
Your value isn`t close to what I`m asking for. The ektra ones are worth 1000--1500 with less than 3000 made. the ektra 11 there are only 3 known to exsist in the world. I`m asking for a value on the Kodak ektra 11 camera.
Hello
Sorry about that I was not looking at the Ektra 11,I somehow slipped down a couple of line on my price guide book. The Ektra 11 in mint condition with case is listed at 2400.00 in good condition with case, 1450.00 in fair condition with case $650.0-750.00.
.
.
.
.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
Glenda B.
Glenda B.