Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

Thank you estimate on the two Royal Racer sleds.

Customer Question
Thank you for the estimate...
Thank you for the estimate on the two Royal Racer sleds. However, I had also asked about a Flexible Flyer sled, 60" tall, 24" wide at the steering handle and 14" wide at the seat. It was purchased between 1966 - 1967 and is in good condition.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appraisals
7/3/2015
Appraiser: Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser replied 3 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.
The Flexible Flyer sled was invented over 100 years ago. The Flexible Flyer trademark has lasting name recognition with children (and their parents) which few other products can match. The technical superiority of the patented design is unequaled to this day among sleds of the twin runner type.
***** *****ds Allen, the inventor of the Flexible Flyer, came from a prominent Philadelphia Quaker family. In the 1860s, he established the S. L. Allen Co. to manufacture farm equipment, including some items of his own invention. In order to diversify his product line and provide work during the winter months, Allen, himself a “coasting” enthusiast since boyhood, set about inventing a sled. Typical designs of the day employed a pair of fixed wooden runners with a third, pivotable steering runner attached to a handle. Allen first experimented with articulated sleds having two or more “bobs” with fixed runners that could pivot relative to each other to provide steering.
The Flexible Flyer sled has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $450.00-675.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. I have seen the extra long sleds go for as much as 1000.00. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
Hello ***** just checking in to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help!"
If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you? I would be happy to address that. If not a rating would be greatly appreciated, since this is the only way we are compensated for answering questions, from the site.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda