Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Pair of Vintage Asian art, each piece looks to be on

Customer Question

Pair of Vintage Asian art, each piece looks to be on different paper, one looks like maybe rice paper, or some other unusual paper. Has Asian writing in black on bottom right corner, and also looks to be two red stamps. The other had writing but looks
like the framing covered some of it. I would like any and all info available, artist, time frame, script translated if possible, value, anything helps bc I know nothing. Thanks in adavance.
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Blue bird measures framed 17" x 15" x .5"
Black bird 21" x 15" x .5"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any help at all would be appreciated.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Nora here to help with your question.
Generally I only assess one item per question here. The pictures you have are not a matching set.
If you would like to continue, I can assess the blue bird painting.
~or~
I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Seriously I have waited a couple days now for a response and this still isn't. Not trying to be rude but why not have assessed the blue one then? And have said I needed to relist the other? But even then seems a little tedious to list separate. These were bought from an auction as a set, sold as a set, and I listed that way bc it is also framed as a set. I am also a monthly paying member with unlimited questions, so I can't imagine why waiting all this time to be told you don't assess more than one item but you could opt out, seems like the right way to go, when I clearly know nothing about this art work, seems to be more time wasted. I obviously thought it was a set and Its why I listed and asked questions as a set. I've been waiting a couple days, and I feel like if you couldn't answer bc to you it is more than a single item why bother asking if I want you to opt out, I clearly need the info. This is frustrating, bc in all the experts no one has ever responded saying this, or one could opt out. I wouldn't be here for the help if I didn't need it. Nor would I try squeezing in an extra item as a set if I hadn't truly believed it was a set. Its why I asked bc i did t know.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
At this juncture, I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You can close the question, I will just go to my local art dealer for this I was just hoping to find the info needed. Although i may not have stated my frustration the best, ***** ***** you gave made it seem as if I was trying to slide an extra piece in and if I wanted to continue doing so you could opt if that's what I wanted. I listed as a set because it's the way it was sold to me.Thanks,
Amanda
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Dear *****,
My apologies for the misinterpretation. I have not been online the past few days although your question has been available and visible to all the experts since you posted it 3 days ago. When I noticed you have been waiting some time for a response, I offered what best I could answer for you and gave you the option to wait for the entire answer as you posted it in your original query.
I do hope you find all the information you seek on these both.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great thanks so much for clearing things up. Have a good day