Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

Glenda . We would like you to appraise our oak table. We…

Customer Question
Glenda B. We would like...
Glenda B. We would like you to appraise our oak table. We have an oak table in beautiful condition, it includes 5 leafs, all 9 inches wide, the total length of the table is 8 feet. Without the leafs, it's 4 feet 3 inches round. It sets on wheels and is
easy to move or insert/remove the leafs. There is also a protective table cover that will fit to any size that the table is opened to. Can use table with/without cover. Cover on the underneath side is velvet soft material, while the top is a solid cover. Pieces
are kept in place by magnets.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appraisals
1.JPG1.JPG10.JPG10.JPG6.JPG6.JPG8.JPG8.JPG11.JPG11.JPG7.JPG7.JPG2.JPG2.JPG
6/3/2015
Appraiser: Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser replied 3 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.
.
The Antique Oak Table, circa: 1800's, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
Hello ***** just checking in to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help!"
If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you? I would be happy to address that.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda