Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have 5 Kachina Dolls that are in great condition. they date

Customer Question

I have 5 Kachina Dolls that are in great condition. they date to the 1950s-1960s. Do you have any idea what they are worth? Or who I can contact in San Antonio, TX?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question however I only assess one item per question. The values of each kachina would depend on the character, size, quality of carving and the artist, if signed.
If you would like to continue, please choose one and send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark or signature if any would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I will get you the pictures.Thanks, Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
That is fine - send over images at your convenience.
If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again.
Sincerely,
Nora