Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have my grandmother's silver; knives, spoons, etc.

Customer Question
Hello, I have my grandmother's...
I have my grandmother's silver; knives, spoons, etc. and some specialized pieces. Most of it has 1919 stamped on the back, most with the fraction 925/1000, some have stamps with a lion in a medieval symbol, some say made on England, some have individual letters (T,J,M-I think), a large spoon says HUTTON ALBANY, what looks like a little saucer and graver pourer (not a "boat" with several stamps and No.15
Any thoughts?
Thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appraisals
5/30/2015
Appraiser: Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question, however I only handle one item or matched set per question here.
If you would like to continue, you can pick one item, or group together a set of pieces that all have the exact same mark and then at your convenience, send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora