Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have an oil painting by Elver Barker; Saguaro by Moonlight.

Customer Question
Is this something that you...
I have an oil painting by Elver Barker; Saguaro by Moonlight. Is this something that you would be able to research for me? Please advise -
***@******.***
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appraisals
5/25/2015
Appraiser: Rarewares, Other replied 3 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Elver Barker (1920 to 2004) was active/lived in Colorado and Wyoming and is known for tree landscapes and floral finger painting. Most paintings were done from the 1960s- 1980s. He also wrote a book in 1968 titled Finger Painting in Oils. There have been a few pieces that sold recently with price estimates of 750 to 1000.00. Right now, there is not a lot of his work out there for sale. Your piece is likely another tree landscape done in oils like these others, so I would value the piece at 800 to 1000.00.